- Job Title: Clinical Trainee
- Department: School-linked Mental Health
- Location: Crookston, MN
- Employee Type: Exempt
- Required Degree: Master’s degree
- Manage Others: No
Become a part of our team that makes a difference in people’s lives! Our agency is actively looking for a full-time Mental Health Clinical Trainee or Professional to provide clinical services to children and families co-located in Crookston Public Schools.
We are hiring for TWO positions at Crookston High School (6th grade through 12th grade).
The clinician will work with the school district five days a week to support all students in the building. This is a 12-month position, and during the non-school months, the provider will continue with clinical services both individuals, groups, and families.
As a Mental Health Clinical Trainee, you will work with children and families and a team of providers to improve their ability to prevent, identify, treat, and reduce the impact of mental health problems among children aged 6 to 18 in the school setting. You will complete comprehensive evaluations to diagnose, provide clinical recommendations, develop goals for treatment planning, support safety planning, provide crisis support and referrals, and offer psychotherapy services individually and in groups.
Alluma offers incredible clinical supervision to support your clinical growth to becoming a Mental Health Professional. We provide board-certified supervisors for Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and the Board of Behavioral Health with Counseling. We will also provide evidence-based training in family therapy, trauma approaches, and development in Early Childhood.
- Complete comprehensive evaluations, diagnose, and treat mental health disorders in school settings
- Facilitate psychotherapy sessions with individuals, groups, or families
- Provides mental health services as outlined in the client’s treatment plan to help children and their parents adjust to managing the symptoms of their mental health condition and support the individualized treatment plan
- Support clients with clinical recommendations
- Create and implement a treatment plan based on each client’s needs
- Monitor client progress during treatment and modify approach as necessary to meet client needs
- Collaborate with families and partnering agencies to exchange necessary information during treatment
- Complete all documentation by the agency and regulatory expectations
- Focuses on integrated health care (physical, mental, substance use, and oral), ensuring that clients are referred to any necessary internal and external services to support their overall wellbeing
- Participates in all care coordination activities concerning clients on caseload as indicated by the Care Coordination managing the care-coordination function
- Comply with agency policies, procedures, and standards of conduct
Qualified applicants must be willing to learn and apply research-based practices and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field
- Current, unencumbered MN License in Social Work, License in Professional Counseling, or License in Marriage and Family Therapy (or ability to achieve licensure in a timely fashion)
- Desire to work with Early Childhood age and families through 18
- Access to a personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out position responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy
- Must be free from substance use problems for no less than two years
- Must pass criminal background study through DHS NetStudy 2.0