- Job Title: Licensed Addiction Counselor
- Location: Crookston, MN
- Other Compensation: Sign-On Bonus $2,000
- Relocation Expense Covered: Yes
- Employee Type: Exempt
- Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
- Manage Others: No
Become a part of our team that makes a difference in people’s lives! Our agency is actively looking for a full-time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) Location: In-Office Crookston, MN
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus
The Counselor plays a vital role in delivering treatment services to the clients and ensures that all clients receive services as mandated by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). The Counselor provides services, including assessments, case management duties, and processes to facilitate the person receiving services to start or continue a recovery path that will hopefully lead to abstinence. Counselors must be able to maintain client confidentiality in accordance with state and federal guidelines and HIPAA requirements. The Counselor will work with mental health staff and others to provide an integrated, dual-diagnosis experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Completes the client psychosocial Comprehensive Assessment and an individual treatment plan within specific state guidelines.
- Identifies and assesses symptoms related to the treatment of opioid addiction that results in clear and prompt interventions supportive of the clients.
- Provides individual and group counseling in a manner that respects each client’s individual characteristics, needs and preferences.
- Utilizes knowledge of Federal, State and local ordinances and policies to support the patient’s recovery needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of co-occurring mental health disorders, and provides appropriate interventions and/or referrals to address the symptoms in a manner that aids and supports the person’s addiction recovery process.
- Develops multiple external recovery resources through collaboration with fellow counselors, investigation and awareness of external resources, and development of relationships with external resource providers that benefit each client.
- Provides treatment in a manner that reflects knowledge of a range of treatment interventions and methods, and demonstrates that knowledge through documentation of those interventions and methods in the record of the patient.
- Provides culturally competent treatment through an awareness of one’s own personal biases and how they impact interactions with clients and fellow employees, through a knowledge of the cultural characteristics and context of the client, and through demonstrating counseling skills that reflect an awareness of one’s own biases and a knowledge of the client’s cultural background and characteristics.
- Focuses on integrated health (physical, mental, substance use and oral) care ensuring that clients are referred to any necessary internal and/or external services to support their overall well-being.
- Unencumbered MN License as a Licensed Alcohol Drug Counselor (LADC).
- Individuals must also be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy.
- Must be free from substance use problems for a period of no less than two years.
- Must pass criminal background study through DHS NetStudy 2.0.
- Access to a personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out position responsibilities, including travel within the service area and to other areas for workshops or as part of job duties.
Support for relocation costs is possible!
We want you to join ALLUMA!
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Alluma, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience aligns differently with some qualifications in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!