- Job Title: Mental Health Practitioner
- Department: Adult Services
- Location: Kittson County
- Employee Type: Exempt
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Required Degree: 2-year degree
- Travel: 50%
- Manage Others: No
Our agency is actively looking for a Full-Time Mental Health Practitioner in our Adult Services program for Kittson county in Minnesota. Our team is full of passionate, trusted, and knowledgeable providers that support the wellbeing of adults in our region. This position offers a flexible schedule with mostly daytime hours, to offer flexibility to you and the people we serve.
As a Mental Health Practitioner, you will work with individuals 18 and up, and a team of providers, to improve their ability to prevent, identify, treat and reduce the impact of mental health issues for adults. This practitioner will work with our adult services team to provide case management and skills building and has direct contact with adults primarily in the community and home settings.
The position includes mileage reimbursed travel. We will also provide training and orientation in case management and skills! We will work with you in your professional growth to meet your goals as a Mental Health Practitioner.
- Qualifies through Relevant Coursework:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields including, but not limited to, social work, psychology, or nursing from an accredited college or university and completes a practicum or internship that (1) requires direct interaction with adults or children served, and (2) is focused on behavioral sciences or related fields.
- has at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults or children;
- or is fluent in the non-English language of the ethnic group to which at least 50% of the practitioner’s clients belong;
- or is working in a day treatment program;
- or has completed a practicum or internship that requires direct interaction with adults or children served AND is focused on behavioral sciences or related fields.
- Qualifies through Work Experience:
- Has at least 4,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults or children;
- or has at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults or children AND receives clinical supervision from a mental health professional at least once per week until the requirement of 4,000 hours of supervised experience is met.
- be skilled in the process of identifying and assessing a wide range of client needs;
- be knowledgeable about local community resources and how to use those resources for the benefit of the client
- Practitioners without a bachelor’s degree must meet one of the requirements:
- have three or four years of experience as a Case Manager Associate (CMA)
- be a registered nurse without a bachelor’s degree and have a combination of specialized training in psychiatry and work experience consisting of community interaction and involvement or community discharge planning in a mental health setting totaling three years
- Must pass a criminal background check through MH DHS NetStudy
- Access to a personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out positions responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy
- Free from substance use problems for a period of no less than 2 years