- Job Title: Mental Health Rehab Worker/Practitioner
- Department: Adult Services
- Location: Kittson County
- Employee Type: Non-Exempt
- Minimum Experience: 2 Years
- Required Degree: High School
- Travel: 95%
- Manage Others: No
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus Offered!
Our agency is actively seeking Mental Health Rehab Workers or Practitioners in our Adult Services program for Kittson County, MN
Our team is full of passionate, trusted, and knowledgeable providers that support our region’s adults’ wellbeing. This position offers a flexible schedule with mostly daytime hours to offer flexibility to you and the people we serve. As part of our Adult Services team, you would have direct contact with clients, teach skills and provide case management. Services to clients are primarily delivered in clients’ homes and the community. The position includes mileage reimbursement, a laptop, and an iPhone. We will also provide thorough and ongoing training and orientation. We will work with you in your professional growth to meet your goals!
Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers must have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet one of the following:
- Be fluent in the non-English language or competent in the culture of the ethnic group to which at least 20 percent of the mental health rehabilitation worker’s clients belong, or
- Have an associate of arts degree, or
- Have two years of full-time postsecondary education or a total of 15 semester hours or 23 quarter hours in behavioral sciences or related fields, or
- Be a registered nurse, or
- Have, within the previous 10 years, three years of personal life experience with mental illness, or
- Have, within the previous 10 years, three years of life experience as a primary caregiver to an adult with a mental illness, traumatic brain injury, substance use disorder, or developmental disability, or
- Have, within the previous 10 years, 2,000 hours of work experience providing health and human services to individuals
Mental Health Practitioner Requirements
- High school diploma and:
- 4,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to people with Mental Illness, DD, ID or TBI, requiring additional supervision OR
- Has completed 30 semester credits or 45 quarter credits in behavioral science or a related field OR
- Has proof of a practicum or internship that requires direct interaction with adults or children served and is focused on behavioral sciences or related fields; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or a related field
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must pass a criminal background check through mental health DHS NetStudy.
- Access to a personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out positions responsibilities.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy.
- Free from substance use problems for no less than two years.