- Job Title: Psychiatric LPN
- Location: Crookston, MN
- Relocation Expense Covered: No
- Employee Type: Non-Exempt
- Job Category: Nurse
- Required Degree: 2 Year Degree
- Manage Others: No
We have an immediate opening for TWO Full-Time Psychiatric LPN’s
The Psychiatric LPN supports client recovery through the rendering of nursing care in terms of individualized client needs, according to the dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the registered nurse. Possibility for extended hours. May support clinic prescribers both in person and via Telehealth.
This position will work at the East Grand Forks and Crookston Clinics.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of nursing support services for the medication management function of the organization.
- Assist in or ensure necessary medical related patient intake documentation is completed, reviewed and issues addressed.
- Conduct necessary review of systems such as heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight or other applicable systems recommended by the medication management provider.
- Administering injections as prescribed by medical management providers.
- Conduct necessary medication reconciliations to ensure accurate medications lists are documented in the client record.
- Provide customer service by promptly responding to patient and community partner requests, phone calls, and/or other communications.
- Coordinate medication refills as needed or with other nursing staff.
- Provide needed medication education to eligible clients.
- Triage client requests and needs to ensure applicable interventions are provided timely.
- Work closely with medical records to ensure needed information is in the client record for coordination of care such as lab reports, hospital discharge summaries or other.
- Ability to work as a team and float between different psychiatric prescribers.
• Current, unencumbered MN & ND licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Two plus years of experience in direct nursing either clinic or community based.
• Describe concisely clinical data, presenting problems to others.
• CPR certified.
• Must pass criminal background check through MH DHS NetStudy.
• Access to personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out position responsibilities.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy.