- Job Title: Early Childhood Therapist
- Department: Youth & Family Services
- Location: Crookston, MN
- Employee Type: Exempt
- Required Degree: Masters
- Travel: 50%
- Manage Others: No
Become a part of our team that makes a difference in people’s lives! Our agency is actively looking for a full-time Mental Health Professional/Clinical Trainee in our Youth & Families program with an emphasis on working with our birth to six population.
What are Early Childhood Services at Alluma?
This early childhood mental health program serves families with children from birth to age six in Polk, Red Lake, Kittson, Marshall, Mahnomen, and Norman Counites that have social, emotional, or behavioral developmental needs. They may have been exposed to traumatic events, and/or are experiencing environmental stressors. The program offers intensive therapy services to the caregivers and in a caregiver environment.
What to expect in the Early Childhood program:
- Therapy designed to strengthen the parent-child relationship while supporting children’s functioning across all areas of development.
- Caregivers are an essential part of the therapy process for change and healing and are always an integral part of the therapy sessions with the child.
- Families bring their culture and life experiences along with their knowledge of caring for the child, as they partner with a therapist to develop a better understanding of their child’s needs.
- Families learn to play together, build trust and establish the adult as a supportive resource for the child’s worries and struggles as they learn and grow.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, marriage and family therapy or other related field from accredited college
- Must maintain or be working towards independent licensure; licensure as LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT strongly preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check through MH DHS NetStudy
- Access to a personal vehicle and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out position responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and insurable under the agency’s automobile insurance policy
- Free from substance use problems for a period of no less than 2 years.